eFlux Wave Pump Kits
Are your eFlux wave pumps not responding or not operating as expected? This troubleshooting guide can help you resolve these most common issues:
- LED pump display is not showing settings or responding to remote
- Pumps are not operating when using handheld remote
To begin troubleshooting, its important to unplug all wire connections (including power and pump) and reconnect using the following diagram & instructions:
1. Plug 24DC power supply into a GFCI approved outlet and plug into DC pump power input.
Tips: Ensure power supply is 24VDC NOT 12VDC - If the powersupply has a green status LED light, ensure status light is on. If the status light is OFF and its plugged into power, it indicates a replacement transformer is needed.
2. Plug remote IR sensor into microUSB Port#1 (furthest to the right.)
Tip: Ensure logo is facing upwards on microUSB connector and plugged in all the way into PORT#1
3. Connect the LED display to microUSB Port #2** (second port from the right.)
Tip: ** Ensure the display is plugged into PORT#2. This port is second from the right and is indicated by a small arrow molded on the silicone cover. If your controller is not displaying correctly or is flickering, it is likely not plugged into PORT#2. It MUST be plugged into PORT#2 for operation.
4. Remove clear plastic from bottom of the handheld remote. Point remote at the IR sensor and press the Blue Power (on/off) button on the top right. Display should turn on/off.
Tip: If remote still does not operate, replace the battery (we include a spare one) and make sure the IR sensor is correctly plugged into the manifold.
5. Install wave pump into tank and plug wave pump into designated pump port. Ensure the magnet is correctly positioned to prevent vibration.
You can download a copy of this How-To Guide HERE.
If your system is still not working, please complete one of our online support tickets at: http://current-usa.com/support/warranty-support/consumer-warranty/