Although this item has been discontinued, replacement ballasts may possibly be found in the aquarium lighting section here:
Please note: if you cannot locate the replacement ballast on this website, it is no longer available.
It is suggested to always clean your lamp sockets. Often times electronic ballasts will shut off/on intermittently when the sockets are dirty. You can clean them by following these few simple steps:
1. Unplug your light fixture, remove it from your aquarium, let it cool
2. Remove the glass cover from your HQI lamp
3. Remove the lamp from the socket
4. Clean the sockets with some steel wool and a Qtip, remove any oxidation
5. Replace the lamp and re-assemble the light fixture